Railroad Spike Knife Classes
In the NORTHSTAR FORGE workshop, students will learn to forge a railroad spike into a knife, good for hunting, camping, ornamental and as an all-around utility. Bring your own spike if you’d like. We will be forging a handle and blade to shape, along with profiling the blade and refining the shape.
Skill level: Beginner to Moderate
Duration: Approx. 8 hours (one hour lunch)
Looking for a specific date or class? Contact us with the form below.
Please read the terms & conditions before booking!
Terms & Conditions:
- FULL payment upon class booking. Any cancellations forfeits the full class fee.
- Payment can be made via credit card through our Classes & Training Page.
- Students must be 14 years and older. Minors will need to be accompanied by a legal guardian for the duration of the class. Please indicate this upon checkout.
- Safety equipment is provided for all classes in the form of safety glasses, apron and leather gloves. Safety glasses must be worn at all times.
- Please ensure that you have non-flammable clothing and sturdy leather shoes or boots. No shorts, sandals or crocs!
- In the unlikely event of a class being cancelled by me, all class fees are fully refundable. However, we cannot be responsible for any other costs incurred.
- You must be in reasonably good physical condition in order to successfully complete any of the classes. Bladesmithing requires a degree of exertion. The dangers for those who have mobility issues will make these classes difficult or impossible to complete. When in doubt, please call 612-597-5639 to discuss.
- Northstar Forge reserve the right to deny classes to anyone who we consider to be not physically or mentally capable of completing the given class.